Bitten or Attacked by a Dog?
A Dog Bite Lawyer serving Scranton at The Biscontini Law Firm can help.
If you, your child, or someone you know has been bitten or attacked by a dog, it is important that you find a dog bite lawyer serving Scranton and the surrounding areas with experience in dealing with dog bite and attack cases.
Nearly 5 million people are bitten every year by dogs and more than 800,000 need medical attention, according to the CDC.
Dogs are unpredictable. Even a family dog that has no history of being aggressive can change behavior suddenly and attack.
Dog owners are responsible for their dog's behavior. Owners are required to take precautions to prevent attacks and it is their responsibility after an incident occurs.
What You Should Do After a Dog Bite or Attack
- Seek medical attention immediately after being attacked by a dog. The most worrisome fear you face after the trauma of being attacked by a dog is whether or not the dog was carrying a disease such as rabies. These diseases can become severe if not treated immediately!
- Immediately notify the local police and the State or local dog warden so a report of the incident can be filed. If the dog is believed to be dangerous the authorities may take possession of the animal for observation of diseases such as rabies or any behavior that would be considered that of a dangerous dog in Pennsylvania.
- After receiving medical attention you need to document in your own words exactly how the accident happened. While you are receiving medical attention have someone you know gather any necessary information such as the dog owners name and address, a description or picture of the animal if it can be safely obtained, contact information for any witnesses of the attack, take pictures of any evidence about how the accident happened. Be sure to get important details such as whether the dog was roaming freely or unleashed, on public property or private property, etc.
The Biscontini Law Firm serving Scranton and surrounding areas can help you get compensation from a dog bite or attack for:
- Hand Injuries
- Facial Injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Medical Bills
- Therapy & Rehabilitation
- Any Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
The Benefits of Hiring an Experienced Attorney for Dog Bites and Attacks
You may think it’s a hassle to involve an attorney if you don’t think you need one or you can just work it out if the dog was your neighbors. However, hiring an attorney can have many benefits such as:
- Dealing with proving any possible negligence on the dog owners part
- Gaining Confidence & Reducing Any Uncertainty
A dog bite and attack lawyer serving Scranton at The Biscontini Law Firm will fight for you!
If you, your child, or someone you know who lives or works in Scranton or surrounding areas has been attacked or bitten by a dog, call the Biscontini Law Firm today for a free, stress-free, convenient consultation at (570) 283-7777.